lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:gilligan841"

198 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - Is cheating for losers?#5

Nope, cheating is not for losers; ask Donald Trump who has become President of the United States!

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Tournament prep#4

The ultimate action before doing each move, ask yourself "Is this move safe?"; if everything is surely OK, then move. Remember, before each move. Remember, before each move. Will you remember; even wh…

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Related to chess.com#3

Are you a premium member? That could explain why you play like a genius in their eyes. ;)

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Why does white move first?#10

If you want to break the rules and start as black, find a fellow that will accept to play like this on Lichess and, then, play the Knights until you can play black first. It means that the Knights wil…

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Hypocrites and hyperbullet#7

The worst are the hysterical playing hyperbullet; same hyper reaction wheather they win or lose.

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - My first OTB tournament#10

An update. My first OTB went very well. My objectives were to live this experience and have fun and I had. It was a 90 minutes + 30 sec. per move. 2.5/5. My first opponent won the tournament and I lea…

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - why are you all here?#7

Basically free unlimited puzzles and analysis on Lichess. Lichess is a non-profit organization. I found videos on YouTube more useful than those on chess.com where you have to pay if one wants to stud…

gilligan841
Off-Topic Discussion - Have you ever had any ( for lack of a better term) occult experiences#8

I was playing in a small Rock band in the '70. The group ended 4 years later when we finished our school and entered the work market. However, I remained close to Denis, the keyboard guy; we could say…

gilligan841
Lichess Feedback - Analysis is freezing on Android tablet#1

Could you fix that? The problem happens either with the Android application or the one on Chrome while using my Samsung tablet. Thanks

gilligan841
Off-Topic Discussion - Convert me#38

If you can, have a look at this wonderful serie on Netflix: https://youtu.be/Q33TkQKlIMg?si=E9w_sglaHeKh_RdY Then, one can ask himself what is behind the creation of the universe from the Nothingness;…

gilligan841