lichess.org
Donate

russia vs ukraine

@Jimmi-Hendrix said in #30:
> I think it is a good idea to disconnect all russian chessplayer from Lichess. Then they will maybe be frustrated and join the resistance among average russians. Putin has started something that can easily escalate to a nuclear war... (check for urself, go to Youtube and search for "amost nuclear war") Norway has borders to Russia, but we have not been invaded (yet...) Have a nice evening everyone :)

It would be a terrible idea to block russians from playing chess here, and makes no logical sense, as it achieves nothing positive. Russian citizens are out on the streets in Russia protesting against the illegal invasion of Ukraine, and getting arrested as we speak. Why would you punish them for the crimes of Putin and his elite?

I'm all for the harshest sanctions possible, but targeting innocent individuals on this site is nonsensical.
@knobi64 said in #27:
> There are numerous if not an abundance of other channels or forums to discuss about politics or even an ongoing war.
> I would be happy all commentators here at least restrict themselves to the issues how these events may affect the "chessworld".
I don't see how expressing worry about an ongoing conflict claiming innocent lives should be considered a political matter and why I should "restrict myself to how this affects the chessworld". Chess is the least of everyone's worries now.
@PLSDONTCLOSEMYACC said in #4:
> pls no politics lichess mods told no politics on lichess

It's not politics, it's brutal aggression. I'm not against Russian players, I'm against Russian flag, in this moment Russian flag = Nazi flag.
@FC-in-the-UK said in #20:
> Not so much. In both cases a way more powerful country is leading a war of agression on their smaller neighbour.

Want me to replay the whole entire history of the Ottoman empire, the holocaust, the british occupation, the formation of Israel, the full out rejection of any compromise by the Palestinians in the UN? The 10 countries on one multiple invasions of Israel? The way that when offered refuge by neighboring countries (Jordan, Egypt etc.) the Palestinians then turned on their neighbors and tried to coup their governments and assassinate the leaders of Jordan? The way that in each Palestinian uprising, instead of unifying in common cause, Palestinians have killed more of their own civilians than made efforts to actually fight Israel?

Shall I get started on the way that Hamas/Fatah subjugate all basic human rights in their territories? How it's illegal to even play music?

I'm not saying Israel is innocent - the whole situation is despicable... but the parallel is completely invalid and reeks of complete misunderstanding and oversimplification. Don't even go there.

'what aboutisms' overall are intellectually dishonest & really demeaning to the people actually being bombed right now and detracts from their plight. It's actually the exact kind of informational manipulation Russia has been using this whole time to distort the picture of the truth.

If you want to talk about Israel and Palestine go make another thread for it.
It is necessary to free Ukraine from the American occupation simply. The US is the guarantor of peace. Only the United States can ensure world peace. Wherever the US goes, peace is always established. Let's remember happy people in Vietnam, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Yugoslavia. And the most fortunate women and children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, because the United States also brought them peace and freedom.
@finder_fablius said in #35:
> It is necessary to free Ukraine from the American occupation simply. The US is the guarantor of peace. Only the United States can ensure world peace. Wherever the US goes, peace is always established. Let's remember happy people in Vietnam, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Yugoslavia. And the most fortunate women and children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, because the United States also brought them peace and freedom.

Lol you wanna talk about Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Hmm how do you think we ended up in that situation in the first place? You are so ignorant of your own history it's hilarious. You would be either dead, never born, or speaking German right now if the US didn't support and fight side by side with your country during WW2... Your country that ALLIED with the NAZIS to invade Poland.. your country that brutally subjugated and invaded all of its neighbors after the war. Your country that tried to conquer Finland with no justification.

Go away кусок дерьма националистическая мразь

ты такой чертовски невежественный, что меня тошнит

The crimes of another do not justify the blood that is on your countries hands
@Martinas said in #8:
> I hope lichess will disconect all russian players from this platform cause their goverment again doing crimes against humanity
lichess is a free they cannot do that and they cannot remove a parton players because they paid for becoming a parton
@Martinas said in #8:
> I hope lichess will disconect all russian players from this platform cause their goverment again doing crimes against humanity
They aren't doing crimes, putin is doing "crimes". Also, you have to respect his point of view, he has his reasons.
@Jimmi-Hendrix said in #30:
> I think it is a good idea to disconnect all russian chessplayer from Lichess. Then they will maybe be frustrated and join the resistance among average russians. Putin has started something that can easily escalate to a nuclear war... (check for urself, go to Youtube and search for "amost nuclear war") Norway has borders to Russia, but we have not been invaded (yet...) Have a nice evening everyone :)
listen to what your saying. You are promoting the idea of kicking people off the site to make them join the cause?

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.